About village Olbramovice
The village is in the list of municipalities in Olomouc bishopric in 1063. Winery in the village has its own tradition, as its evidente in the documents stored in the Znojmo archives – for example the exemption from wine tithe by Vilém from Pernstein in 1827, the right to tap domestic wines granted by George Hodice from Hodice in 1596. In 1827 came to the village as in his first place of work significant patriotic priest, a collector of folk songs, Mr. František Sušil.
Historical monuments in the village Olbramovice
Parish church of St. Jakub Starší – the year 1564 carved on the tower perhaps indicates the completition of the church, which is built in the late gothic style.
Town hall – it was built in Renaissance style in the 16th century.
The Roman Catholic parish
Calvary – late gothic Calvary from the 16th century located in front of the church, with the viticultural symbols on the base.
Second Calvary – located on the road to Moravský Krumlov. It dates back to the 1st quarter of the 16th century. Originally it was gallows (the village received the capital right in 1440, the capital court was held in Olbramovice untill 1729).
Statue of St. Jan Nepomuk standing in the square. It is a sculpture with two cherubs (1720).
Statue of St. Marie with child – baroque pillar with a copy of the statue standing in front of the Town hall (the original statue is in the church).
Little hill Calvary – it is about 7 m high. According to local legent it was created by soldiers who gathered soil in their hats on the grave of their fallen general in the Thirty Year War. In 1895 on top of the hill was built a cross and stone steps on the northwest. In 1959 a probes found three progressive settlements: from the Iron Age (6th century BC), from the young Roman-barbaric period (3rd and 4th century) and the remains of the fortress from the 13th century.
František Sušil – his work has inspired to powerfull compositions also composure Antonín Dvořák and Leoš Janáček.