About village Branišovice
The village is located in the northeastern part of the Znojmo district, in shallow terrain (194-210 m above sea level), in the transition of river valley Dyje and Svratka.
The first written mention of the village dates back to 1222. In 1329 the village was sold to monastery Králové na Starém Brně and remained in their possesion until 1782 when the monastery was abolished. On 8th October 1807 the entire estate was purchased by Karl Josef Lichtenstein. In 1908 the estate was obtained by the Kinsky family, which owned also the chateau untill 1945.
Historical monuments of the village Branišovice
The chateau – baroque style from the turn of the 17th and 18th century. Initially served a a Cistercian monastery of Old Brno.
The church of St. Lawrence – the church is rectangular, built in early Gothic style.
Bell tower of the Holy Trinity
Statue of St. Jan Nepomuk